Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Candle Babies

Last night I dreamt that I gave birth to a candle.

Like this (candle holder not included).





















Luckily the actual birthing part was not included in my dream. What WAS included was how disappointed my mother was that I had given birth to a candle out of wedlock. 

I felt scared. Alone. Judged. HOW WAS I GOING TO CARE FOR THIS CANDLE?!

Every time I tried to hold my candle it would begin to melt all over me. So, I did what any normal person would do with their candle. I put my candle on a table. 

Most normal people don't consider their candle to be a child. Unfortunately, I was stuck with a mistake I couldn't undo.... a candle, that everyone believed to be a baby. Or, a candle baby. Or a baby with candle-like characteristics? I dunno.

A few hours later my mom came to check on me. She was furious. How dare I leave my candle on the table unattended! I'm too young for the responsibilities of a candle! Do I even remember that I have a candle? Do I remember where it is?



I'm too young to be having candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment